18 December 2008

Secret Santa, baby

I've always been a fan of the not-so-secret Santa gift exchange. The key is to be as specific as possible so you get what you want. That is the whole point after all, right? I usually hint my never-failing favorites:

1. versatile Chanel nail colour, $20

2. fancy vintage-inspired umbrella, $30

3. peachy coffee table book, from $22.00

But...

Of course, not everyone is this helpful or specific when it comes to these things. If your match forgot to tell you what they wanted, don't freak. Simply refer here because, frankly, they do a better job at choosing and sorting out gifts than a lot of the "other" places. Go for it, watch the credit cards, and report back.

By the way, what do you usually request from your Secret Santa? Spill it.

P.S. shout out to Dalya...thanks! xo

8 comments:

Leigh said...

I LOVE that umbrella! I can't believe it's only 30 bucks!

Valerie Rojas Braverman said...

leigh, isnt that nuts? i found it online and was in utter shock!

Gabby said...

This was REALLY helpful to me today! I bought some last minute gifts from that website...so thank you!

Valerie Rojas Braverman said...

Gabby, I'm glad it helped! xo

Songy said...

Wish I've seen this before.. pretty cool ideas.

Le Stylist Cheri said...

I would love that chanel nail polish! perhaps in a neon color better! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie!
I am so excited to see this post! Thank you so much! I look forward to collaborating with you again in the future on our upcoming Gift Guides and promotions. Look forward to being in touch with you soon.

p.s. - I like your shout-out at the end. :)

<3

Anonymous said...

You know, I wasn't very specific for my secret santa exchange & I think that's why I got a gift card. I'm okay with that, too, tho!