22 February 2010

The Barneys Stone

On Saturday, my roommate and I spent the day pampering ourselves with pretty manicures from here.  Just as it started to look like a relaxing afternoon, we popped over to my very first Barneys Warehouse Sale, and good thing I learned a thing or two beforehand.  In short, it got a little crazy.  Let me just tell you, you will never see large crowds of adult women act more primitive than at these hectic blowout sales (there might have been name calling and toe stepping).  Luckily, I made it out alive...and with two great clutch pieces for my wardrobe no less!


My goal was to find things that could work from season to season, especially temperature changes.  I think I did alright!  1) I pounced on this neo-basic blouse (mine is solid white) by Organic by John Patrick.  Perfect for trips to here and here no matter the time of year.  2) My pride and joy: this pair of loose, skinny Citizens of Humanity jeans for cool and casual days at the office with flats or flops.

I can't promise that it was my last trip...there is, afterall, 6 days left in NYC.  My only advice: go with a goal, leave your jacket at home, only walk out with flattering pieces.  Has anyone made the venture in NY or LA?  I'd love to hear what goodies you found.  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I've never been to such a sale either, but I can imagine it'd be pretty insane. Glad you made it out alive with some great items!

Bexy said...

i live in england and the only thing i could possibly liken it to is the harrods sale. i did that once and have vowed never to do it again. i'd get myself arrested for assault. women are CRAZY around bargins!