28 January 2009

BO-teg-a VEN-eta

Need some help pronouncing Designer Names? Who doesn't? Valet, almost a year in action, is a men's lifestyle magazine bringing you the how-to's and handbooks of all things curiously practical. Yeah, it's "men's lifestyle", but I'm EASILY entertained with posts like these. Here's a clip...I'm taking notes:
    • Bottega Veneta: BO-teg-a VEN-eta
    • Burberry Prorsum: BUR-bur-ree proar-SOME
    • Comme des Garçons: Comb day gar-SON
    • Dries Van Noten: DREEZE van KNOW-ten
    • Givenchy: Zshee-VON-she
    • Hedi Slimane: Eddy slim-MAHN
    • Hermès: AIR-mehz
photo and clip via Valet

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT. Thank goodness I've never had to pronounce Givenchy aloud - I would've looked like such a dork.

phu-wong said...

i remember shopping with my boss once and she yelled out to the counter gal, "do you have any of these give-en-chee earrings with green in 'em?!" the funny thing is the counter girl pronounced it exactly the same. i didn't have the heart to say anything.

Aartee said...

lol ok I was totally off on the Givenchy..thanks for filling me in!

Unknown said...

how hilarious but awesome at the same time! I must admit that Dries Van Noten gets me every time!

paanie said...

i love valet. it's a great site!

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, how brilliant of them. Thank you very much for sharing.

anita said...

in action, is a men's lifestyle magazine bringing you the how-to's and handbooks of all things curiously practical