10 May 2010

The BIG Chill

On Sunday, I on-demanded The Big Chill which was Thom Filicia's inspiration for his 2009 showhouse that was part of Designer Visions: Cinema Style.  I remember going completely nuts over this house because of the comfortable, colorful living areas, not really knowing the story behind the madness. Now, I can fully appreciate where he was coming from!  The whole movie concentrated on college friends coming together--chatting about life and love in a gorgeous, Victorian home in Michigan. Granted, their friend's death was the reason for the coming together, but that's another talk on another blog.


I'd say that along with the sarcasm and throwback Nike sneakers, the best part of the movie was the well-compiled Motownish soundtrack:


Thom, thanks for the inspiration to watch the movie that inspired your inspirational showhouse.  Did I mention that I'm really inspired right now?

photos via IMDb

No comments: