01 April 2010

Crystals and Planets

Kate totally nailed it with this find.  As a kid, I geeked out over rocks, minerals, planets, Sea Monkeys, worms...you name it.  I thought they were so fantastic.  I'm pretty sure at one point, I wanted to be a mineralogist because I wanted to be surrounded by pretty rocks--then I wanted to be an astronaut because I liked the idea of flying in space.  These 1970s dictionary pages just bring me back to the good 'ol days--you know, the early 90s.  Was it just me or were you into that stuff too as a kid?

P.S. I really do love rocks.

via for me, for you

4 comments:

surfy birdy said...

ohhh i love love the crystals pic. i am a huge crystal, rocks and sea monkeys fan. i still have a my rock collection from when i was a kid. filled with gems, rocks, and pebbles. i need to give that some love again. thanks for the reminder. :)
peace & love!

Prim Knickers said...

Hah! I was exactly the same way with crystals, rocks, all of it. These are amazing.

Carly Anne said...

Ah yes, when Pluto still had a place in our Solar System.

These are fantastic...

XO
Carly

All this is Grace and Charm
http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

judith said...

"good'ol days -- you know, the early 90's."

OMG you crack me up!