21 April 2009

Frugality: Huge straw totes

I absolutely refuse to use any type of briefcase or ugly mesh/faux leather tote to carry all my things to work. I love the elegance of the Kors, but what a disgusting price tag! I figure, this could be a reasonable alternative...tie a scarf around the handle to jazz it up, don't you think?
{left: Santorini Tote, Michael Kors, $799.00; right: Double-Handle Market Tote, Sur La Table, $45.00}

That should be big enough to carry my NY Times, magazines, water bottle, and snacks, right?

12 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely and very summery too. And I think the scarf idea is great then it really can match your outfit too!

Anonymous said...

Definitely. Plus, with the Sur La Table version, you get all those free veggies. ;)

Aartee said...

Looks perfect, and you can change out the scarf to match what you are wearing :)

VanessasRunway said...

I agree - it's a lovely alternative! Great find because $800 is just nuts!

c.lorraine said...

Ha ha, but so true! $799 IS disgusting!

Gabby said...

That's a great alternative, I think it would look perfect!

Unknown said...

looks like the perfect size to me! :)

Awesome Sara said...

when ever i see scraw bags i thing beach! always beach. i can't even tell the diff.

kadler said...

They're both great. I would just worry about stuff falling out, as I am constantly dropping my purse!

Also, Michael Kors pieces generally become hugely discounted after a while, if you feel like waiting!

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! Would love one for my farmers market bag.

ambika said...

Oh my gosh, of course! & I'm completely with you on the attache aversion.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Very cute!