01 April 2009

It's April 1st, I know.

Some bum in the middle of Times Square kept screaming, "Hey lady, you dropped something!  You dropped something!".  OF COURSE, I kept walking, until I actually thought I dropped my phone or something just as horrific.  I did about 3 circles around my area, and then I hear, "Got ya!".  Oh man, fooled again.

Anybody try to pull a fast one on you today?  Line the toilet with cling wrap?  Put honey in the soap dispensers?  Spill it.  On a completely different note, here are some of my recent favorites from around the web:


{wonder-filled magnets by lady detektive}
-----


{a dress that leaves my jaw on the floor}
-----


{store. fronts. period.}
-----

xo!

14 comments:

Clare said...

I have not been fooled today but I have pulled off two. I pretened to a co-worker that a nightmare client from his past was on the phone. He almost had a heartattack. I also told my neighbors 8 year old kid that I had read in the paper that her school was starting this summer, mandatory Sat classes for 3 hours of their worse subject. She was horrified but quickly realized that I was kidding. I know, I am mean. But in a fun way. :)

On another note, the magnets and the Barber Shop made me sigh with delight.

Anonymous said...

love the dress... although I could do without the big bow :)

drollgirl said...

this holiday is STEWPID.

but love that mean lean disco sign!

Angela said...

no, fortunately for me. i am so jetlagged i prob believe everything or anything today.

Gabby said...

Lurve the magnets and those wedding pictures are delicious!

kadler said...

Woah. That dress is fierce.

And no, no April Fools jokes. I'm not sure people here in Hong Kong are too into that.

Aartee said...

oooh that dress makes my heart skip a beat!

A "cheery" disposition said...

that dress is stunning.

Unknown said...

no tricks yesterday! lol - I was acutally kind of surprised...so, I sort of forgot that it was April Fool's day. :)

Unknown said...

PS--I usually ignore people too when they yell that...then one time the person actually chased me down the street and handed me what I had dropped...one of my favorite bracelets had slipped off of my wrist. I couldn't believe it. I was ignoring him like any New Yorker would and he was really trying to help! lol

Unknown said...

Ah that dress is jaw-droppingly awesome!

Awesome Sara said...

that wedding dress, all those buttons.... love the look but my fingers are already bleeding just by looking at it!

Dorkys Ramos said...

My friend tried, but I know her too well to believe what she said :)

And those magnets are so cute!

Lynne said...

Love those store fronts - so retro. I've always loved barbers' shops.