08 April 2009

Tom and his 'wichcraft

Most people know Tom Colicchio from his judging gig on Top Chef. But, if you love him on TV, you'll dig him even more after eating at any of his Craft restaurants. Unfortunately, neither I nor you can probably cook as well as ol' Tom...or can we?


Luckily, he JUST released his cookbook based on his famous chain 'wichcraft, the most outrageous handmade sandwiches you will ever try...

{sicilian tuna, fennel, black olive, and lemon on baguette}

{grilled cheddar, smoked ham, pear, and mustard on cranberry-pecan bread}

{chicken salad, walnuts, roasted tomatoes, pickled red onions, and frisee on multigrain bread}

I fully plan on making these beauties (or ANYTHING from the cookbook for that matter) for lunch from now on...brown-bagging it all the way. We are in a recession after all. Oh please, like I need to remind you. More drool-worthy photos here.

top photo via gourmet, sandwiches via 'wichcraft

15 comments:

VanessasRunway said...

You have succeeded in making me super hungry! Nothing beats a delicious sandwich!

Arlynn said...

Ooohhh... I just read about his new book in Gourmet & everything sounds super yummy!

A friend & I were just talking about visiting Craft Steak, now I'm even more excited : )

Anonymous said...

i think i might actually buy this book! anything on a baguette sounds like fun!!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

wow these look unbelievable. i'm always impressed by people that are so creative with their sandwiches.

love said...

ok so currently, i'm on a really really really low carb diet. and those sandwiches are looking oooooh soo good. its kind of like torture hah

Awesome Sara said...

i dunno who he is but i want a bit of those sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

craft is amazing. i literally licked my plate

Nicole Marie said...

oh we have a 'witchcraft downtown. they're mighty tasty!

Vintage Lollipops said...

Wichcraft is awesome, and it's really the coolest play on words!!

Courtney said...

Ok, wow: that grilled ham with pear sanswhich looks and sounds amazing.

I must purchase this cookbook!

Carrie said...

That all looks delicious!

PS: I've given you some awards! Check out my blog for the details.

Unknown said...

oh my that ham sandwich just entirely sidetracked me from my homework

Anonymous said...

WOah, those photos are amazing! I am definitely adding this to my list of cookbooks to check out-everything looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing this!

Liz Powers said...

Wow... mouth is watering. Cute blog!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yum yum!! I am getting this on Amazon!