20 October 2008

First frost: 9 things I need to get ASAP



It's official. (a) I'm back from a much needed break and (b) I walked outside this morning and actually had to "warm up the car", immediately followed by demolishing my house trying to find mittens of some sort. Now that my lips are chapped from the below freezing weather conditions, I thought of some other things I need to dig out of the wood-works for this new development:

  • Vermont Snuggler, Etsy: Priced at over $100, I'm glad I know how to knit and crochet to maybe attempt to make one similar.
  • Dixon Suede Over Knee Boot, Top Shop: As Rachel Zoe would proudly scream, "I die." Throw some waterproofing spray on these babies and call it a party.
  • Blistex DCT, Amazon or any drug store: My life line.
  • Cable-knit Sweater Cape, Old Navy: A little something to throw over a long-sleeve or dress to block the fall breeze. Finish with a scarf, don't you think?
  • Slouchy Cabbie, Free People: Newsie-style with a fem twist. Pairing with something ultra-girly will make this stand out even more.
  • Herdwick Sheepskin Rug, Toast: I would love to have this be the first thing I step onto in the morning. The epidemy of cozy.
  • Long Fair Isle Socks, Toast: I don't know about you, but I HATE having cold feet. I have to sleep with socks on...looks like must-have.
  • Plaid Trapper Hat, Forever 21: It's become apparent that hats are a dear friend to me. This hunter hat is just precious.
  • L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream, Sephora: My hands get disgusting in the cold. I'm talking cracked, bloody, and ashy. Thankfully, I was told to try this hand cream and it works wonders (and saves me the explanation).
What are your cold-weather necessities?

top photo credit: frost

8 comments:

Anonymous social worker said...

I know!!
I'm living the cold, I'm a winter person. everyone else hates it.
hope it snows this year.
welcome back!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i LOVED this post. i'm going to do my fall essentials list quite soon, but it's going to be hard to top this. first of all, i'm heading to old navy stat for that amazing cape and secondly, i saw that red hunting cap and nearly died. i tried it on this weekend for a Holden Caulfield vibe, but i looked like a serial killer.

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

I love that sweater cape! It looks so cozy, perfect for the first colds! Love your blog!

Dorkys Ramos said...

First off- Yay! You're back :)

And secondly, I use be addicted to that blistex!! I'd put it on constantly. Then I got hooked on cherry chapstick.

Valerie Rojas Braverman said...

franco and dorkys: thank you for the warm welcome.

emily and caroline: obsessed with the cape right? i was so happy when i found it because it's perfect for this weather...and it's 30 bucks.

VanessasRunway said...

That Cable-Knit Sweater Cape is gorgeous! Even more so bc it’s from Old Navy and I love a great bargain! You know which other lotion works wonders during cold weather? Bliss lotions & creams - they're amazing! :]

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Ooh i really like the winter hat the model is wearing....its so me!! : )


Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Sophia, L'Occitane USA said...

Dear Valerie,

This post is just what everyone's been making a mental list of! Thank you so much for including the L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream in your post! We're so happy that you enjoy it as much as we do.

Thank you so much and take care!

All the best,
Sophia, L'Occitane USA
http://usa.loccitane.com