28 October 2008

The price of progress

First and foremost, although the PR hype has calmed down for a couple weeks now, I think about the finale once in a while...okay, all the time. I miss it. Gosh, the anticipation, the scandal (mostly just Kenley bitching or ripping off designs), and the talent itself.

I took a quick peek at BravoTV.com to recap the good times and stumbled upon the auction site...JACKPOT. Bad news, all the auctions were over, but the results were very interesting. Obviously, the most expensive pieces were those from the finale show, respectively, according to how each finished.


But, I was so surprised to see that Kenley's pieces weren't being bid higher considering she was solid talent on the show...and that middle dress was hand-painted silk! Even her first dress was eye candy, as opposed to Leanne's apron-like i-don't-even-know-what. Talk about stepping it up.


Would you pay the big bucks for a Project Runway dress? For real though, I think Kenley's stuff was a steal.

By the way, you can take Tim home with you, for old times sake:


Yeah, it's a bobblehead.


photos via project runway auction

8 comments:

Anonymous social worker said...

i WOULD NEVER buy a PR gown,for I don't dresses :)
that's too expensive fore me anuways.
I do like the tim! he's coolio

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i totally agree with you - i'm really surprised the kenley's collection didn't go for more money. i also am patting myself on the back for always routing for Leanne and seeing past her atrocious first design. :)

RIN said...

i love the pricing differences...

i personally liked leanne's first one the best.

VanessasRunway said...

I want that bobblehead of Tim! lol That's awesome!

Sara Christine said...

Oh that Tim Gunn. He will always have my heart.

Anonymous said...

the time bobble head is adorable!! i would love to have him on my computer desk, telling me to "make it work".
<33 great post, lovely insight. and agree about kenley... that's a kind of low selling price on her prized pieces.

mermaid

dee said...

OMG this makes me so sad...I wish I knew they were being auctioned off! Could you imagine scoring one of these dresses for $150? Amazing. They should've marketed that more...they could've made a ton more money!

Anonymous said...

yeah, leanne's 1st dress was a no-no, but she really, really pulled it off. her designs are flawless! she really did step it up. great insight.