15 July 2009

summer fun {according to ambika}

Ambika of (Into) the Fray knows how to capture the hearts of handmade lovers with her own designs and blog finds. And even with her pretty Etsy shop in full motion, she's working on a giant to-do list! I'll have to borrow some of her points: visit Cuba, see the Northern Lights, and take a photography class. In the same spirit, her always inspired list of summer indulgences:


1) Having the sun roof open on long drives to the coast.
2) Drinking tea on the deck in my pajamas right after I've gotten up.
3) Patches of sunlight and watching the cats sprawl across the floor like living sundials.
4) Farmer's markets!
5) The smell of charcoal and barbecue as you walk around outside.

xo!

photo via ambika

11 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

I love her list, especially farmers markets! XO

Kristen said...

Farmer's Markets are the best!! And I agree about the cats- mine do this too and I love to watch them sunbathe!

Anonymous said...

Sunbathing cats are a giant perk of summer afternoons!

Vivi said...

Great list! I gotta say I love the cat in sunbeam thing too. I wish I could enjoy it as much as my cat does. Looks so peaceful!

Aartee said...

I've been wanting to take a photography class for ages!

ambika said...

Aw, thanks so much for featuring my list! I'll have to show my boyfriend that Stanley's getting famous!

Kosmopolight said...

I just love summer! And "visit Cuba, see Northern Lights and take a photography class" are all on my list, too. All fabulous "to-do's"

xo,
Kelley

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Ahh, Farmer's Markets. I've yet to go this summer, what a tragic thing! And ps - I pretty much love the disclaimer on the side of your blog about photos & 'please don't sue me.' It's awesome & made my day!

VanessasRunway said...

She has a great list! "The smell of charcoal and barbecue" I crave that every weekend! ;)

drollgirl said...

oh this KITTY!!!! i love me some KITTIES!!!

and i'm all about tea, too. tea tea TEA!!!

hope you are doing well. :)

Melissa Blake said...

BBQ smells are pure heaven! Yay!