05 March 2009

Cut spending, not style: #1


thinking outside of the box...

Flipping through my most recent Urban Outfitters catalog, I caught a glimpse of these photos showing alternative ways scarves can be worn.  It gets me to thinking...what other things in my closet can be worn in different ways?  Skirts as tube dresses with a belt?  Cutting the sleeves of a chunky sweater as leg warmers (I actually used to do this in high school and freshman year of college...ha)?  Nonetheless, wear on, people, and keep saving that green.

7 comments:

drollgirl said...

yup, it is time to root through that closet and get creative!

paanie said...

i used to wear my scarves as a top when i went out. a bit skanky, but also creative!

Gabby said...

Re-imagining an article of clothing is fun!

Unknown said...

I also need to look in my closet and think of all the different ways to save and reinvent. I need to stretch those dollars for wonderful shoes. hahha sorta kidding.

zoƫ said...

very true,
way to point that out !



your blog is so cool !
stay in touch darliiing .

Anonymous said...

You're so right! Now is the time to look and what we've got and see new ways to implement.

Vintage Lollipops said...

Such a clever idea... and the scarf as a top is fantastic for summer! I might need to investigate my wardrobe!
xxx