09 February 2009

The Police would be proud


Inspired by Ann Cameron's "A Curve in the River", an Edison, NJ teacher and her students throw a message in a bottle into the Atlantic Ocean. Seven years later, an amazing Montana couple stumbles upon the exact bottle while beach combing Elliot Key, FL! Isn't that just utterly inspiring and hopeful? My mom suggested that me and JB do the same...just for kicks. Very appropriate considering a very special, lovey-dovey holiday is coming up.

photo via house of secrets

15 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

do it! send out your sos to the world :)

Anonymous said...

That is beyond awesome.

Anonymous social worker said...

I always mwanted to d that, but i dno't live near the sea :(

kadler said...

That is super awesome.

Anonymous said...

that is very cool.

Unknown said...

I Love THIS. LOVE. I have to share it. I think D and I should do this too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.

Valerie Rojas Braverman said...

maybe we'll use a bottle of our favorite wine? i'm glad this makes you guys smile just as much!

Nicki's Notebook said...

Oh wow - thats is so cool - I once had the same thing happen. On a sailing holiday when I was 14 I threw a message about myself in a bottle into the sea, and four months later a girl (also 14 funnily enough) found it on the beach in France and we became pen pals for a few years! Def try it - you never know!! xx

Unknown said...

how cute is that!??!?! do it.

dee said...

I adore this idea. And how fun for those students to be brought back together by that experience seven years later. I love it!

Angela said...

what a cute idea.

Nicole Marie said...

that's amazing! is that a true story! so cute!

Delmy said...

Beyond Amazing!

erika sorocco said...

What a perfect picture!

Le Stylist Cheri said...

i'd love to try it!